Are you a startup and finance enthusiast and eager to work at the crossroads of both worlds? Then join Rockstart and dive deep into the epicentre of the Dutch startup ecosystem!
We are looking for a high-potential and ambitious Bachelor or Master student who is excited about becoming a part of Rockstart and having an impact with your work.
Your primary responsibility will relate to the fundraising and investor relations activities of Rockstart, not only for our own programs, but also for our (soon) 68 portfolio companies. In particular, this includes:
- In depth research and analysis of the Dutch and European Venture Capital market (especially early- and growth-stage) - for example you will identify investors and other influencers involved and/or relevant to our startup ecosystem as well as tracking relevant deals and overall changes in market sentiment
- Supporting the preparation of financial calculations and investor material (e.g. creating drafts of relevant documents and presentations)
- Supporting the relationship management with our current investor community as well as potential new investors for our programs and startups
- You will further be involved in the monitoring and reporting of our startups’ financial and operational performance
- Apart from that, there are multiple opportunities to get involved in other areas of Rockstart which will help you get a better understanding of the various facets of our business.
Rockstart loves startups. We help accelerate startups through, investment, office space, training and mentoring. Rockstart runs various initiatives that support entrepreneurs in every phase of their startup. These include:
Rockstart Accelerator: an intensive startup program that helps entrepreneurs take their companies from early traction to the global market in 6 months. It provides investment, office space, highly specialized knowledge and access to a broad network of international mentors, partners and investors.
Rockstart Answers: a snappy Q&A event between 40 entrepreneurs where 5 startups get help in answering their toughest question through live expert input. Rockstart Answers contributes to the growth of startups by activating group genius in a fun and inspiring way.
Rockstart Spaces: a network of inner city-startup hotspots where the most promising startups can find access to all startup support they need (resources, networks, funding, test-audience).
Rockstart Impact: an intensive 100-day startup program that helps entrepreneurs in developing regions become investor-ready.
We are looking for someone who has completed at least four semesters in Business Administration (or a related study field) with at least basic finance courses and who has some initial experience from (a) previous internship(s).
Further, to be a rockstar in the role you need to be:
Structured - we work at a blazing pace and you need to know how to prioritize
Analytical - see through numbers, detect patterns, be a quick problem solver
Independent - you don’t need someone to always tell you what needs to be done
Entrepreneurial – be the first to make the change happen
Organised – you are the glue that holds the accelerators’ operations together
Communicate - clearly, in a timely manner and fluently in both written and verbal English
Team player – be able to work with a multi-cultural team
Flexible – pick up slack when you see it, be an all-rounder
Be an all-rounder – support ad-hoc tasks ranging from admin to events
- Start: July/August 2016
- Period: 3 – 6 months
- Days per week: Minimum of 3 days, preferably full-time (5 days)
- Amount of hours per week: 40 hours
- Remuneration: € 300 monthly pro rata + travel expenses + free daily lunch
If you are interested or want more information about this internship please click on the link below.