We are looking for an enthusiastic graphic and web design intern to join us at Rockstart. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess graphic design skills and be able to transform high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs. You will also be the main contact person for the Rockstart website, from receiving and prioritizing new change requests to working with the engineering team to realize them.
- Work closely with Brand Ambassador to create graphic designs in line with the Rockstart brand.
- Work with program associates, events team, startups and other programs to bring the Rockstart vision to life.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Create mockups and wireframes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Receive and prioritize new change requests and turn them into functional requirements for the engineering team.
- Be the go-to person when it comes to feedback and bugs on the website.
- Periodically testing and researching new design trends, checking the usage and relevance of existing designs and making suggestions.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
“As a graphic designer at Rockstart you help the world’s best startup machine to be more visible, loud and exciting. By creating visual delights and promotions you influence the future of startup founders in the quest of bringing their ideas to life. So what are you waiting for? Let’s fuel the startup revolution!” Antoan Stanev about his Graphic Design internship in 2015.
Last year in your BS/MS study preferably in Interaction Design, Graphic Design or a Visual Arts subject.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Good knowledge about Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator & Lightroom). Experience with DTP and Photography would be of an advantage.
- Good visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Experience working with Wordpress is a big plus.
- Live close to the Amsterdam area or willing to relocate to the Netherlands during the internship.
Further, to be a rockstar in the role you need to be:
Structured - we work at a blazing pace and you need to know how to prioritize
Analytical - optimize the processes and systems
Independent - you don’t need someone to always tell you what needs to be done
Entrepreneurial – be the first to make the change happen
Organised – you are the glue that holds the accelerators’ operations together
Communicate - clearly, in a timely manner and fluently in both written and verbal English
Team player – be able to work with a multi-cultural team
- Start: June 2016
- Period: 5 – 6 months
- Days per week: 5
- Remuneration: € 300 monthly + travel expenses + free daily lunch
Rockstart loves startups. We help accelerate startups through, investment, office space, training and mentoring. Rockstart runs various initiatives that support entrepreneurs in every phase of their startup. These include:
Rockstart Accelerator: an intensive startup program that helps entrepreneurs take their companies from early traction to the global market in 6 months. It provides investment, office space, highly specialized knowledge and access to a broad network of international mentors, partners and investors.
Rockstart Answers: a snappy Q&A event between 40 entrepreneurs where 5 startups get help in answering their toughest question through live expert input. Rockstart Answers contributes to the growth of startups by activating group genius in a fun and inspiring way.
Rockstart Spaces: a network of inner city-startup hotspots where the most promising startups can find access to all startup support they need (resources, networks, funding, test-audience).
Rockstart Impact: an intensive 100-day startup program that helps entrepreneurs in developing regions become investor-ready.
(Please apply only if you are / would be still studying or are enrolled into a study program during the course of the internship and are legally allowed to work in the Netherlands).
If you have any questions about the role you can address these to firstname.lastname@example.org.