CROWDYHOUSE is looking for a smart and creative Journalist Intern to join our team in Amsterdam. Top candidates are passionate about home decor and are willing to create articles that inform, engage and entertain. They love the fast-paced culture of the web and being part of a fun and productive team.
The CROWDYHOUSE team is small, which means you’ll get a chance to work on a lot of different skills: writing blog posts and content for the website, maintaining contacts with magazines and bloggers, creating newsletters, managing affiliate networks and working closely with the marketing manager.
• Managing the blog and writing insightful content.
• Writing content for the website. You will learn the basics of SEO onpage optimization.
• Creating, optimizing and sending weekly newsletters to our customers.
• Writing press releases about new designers/products joining the CROWDYHOUSE platform.
• Maintaining contact with different magazines and bloggers to share monthly product design selections.
• Support with any other hands-on jobs.
• Generate ideas for new content that readers will bookmark and share!
Is this you?
• You are an enthusiastic and ambitious student that likes to do an internship at a startup company that is in constant development.
• You have a relevant study in Jornalism, PR, Marketing or Communications Studies.
• We are looking for a 3rd or 4th year student.
• You describe yourself as a creative individual whose ready to put ideas into action.
Skills & competences
• Creative but also commercial personality.
• Passion for design and a global knowledge of the design industry.
• Excellent communicative and social skills.
• Good planning skills.
• Excellent grasp of both the Dutch and English languages (written and spoken)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is a pre.
• You live in Amsterdam or are flexible to travel.
Last but not least...go by the motto Good Vibes Only! :)